View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Fallsview 6-12 Competition - Trip Report

Wow. The 6-12 competition is awful. Sadly I only got to sit for 2.5 hours after a 2.5 hour wait. Having to make change for every player during every round of betting and a deck change for every dealer change which occured every 20 minutes made for EXTREMELY slow play. There were only 5 orbits during my session.

My play wasn't anything interesting, just raising with proper raising hands and value betting top pair with horrible chasers. Ended the session +$95.

One great hand from a non-strategic viewpoint:

Hero is BB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Preflop: UTG limps, some folds, HJ limps, CO limps (vpip, without exaggeration, was 95% including cold-calling raises), Button limps, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG folds, HJ calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, HJ folds, CO calls

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets. CO looks absolutely disgusted, says "I can't believe that card came! Now I have to call." CO calls and turns over pocket 7s.

The players were terrible but the play was agonizingly slow. Obviously I'm willing to make the speed sacrifice for the easy money but be forewarned, the slowness will bother you.

Thanks for listening.
-jazz