Thread: Dear Lee Jones
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Some answers to the requests

[ QUOTE ]
ummm....stars IS advertising on TV.
(as well as in magazines etc).

Should they just go to every bar in the U.S. and personally invite every drunk they can find?

There are 50k+ players on at stars in the evenings.
Even amongst the few hundred who play 3/6 ring and higher the games are beatable.

I don't know. It feels like this is kind of complaining to the site-manager that it's THEIR fault that their players don't cap pre-flop with 94o.

Opponents don't have to be drunk and stupid in order to be beatable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean it in the sense that the games weren't beatable and that it's the manager's responsibilty to make me money. What I meant was that all of the changes(which are great) and the marketing they do seems to be geared towards the good players, while other sites(i.e. Party Poker) are clearly making an effort to bring in fish. To be completely honest I'd rather have a site full of fish with a crappy lobby, than a site full of sharks with all kinds of bells and whistles I don't really need(although they are nice). Although I could be completely wrong, I'm hardly a marketing expert. It just seems that if made an effort to bring in the fish, the sharks would follow anyway, and they'd clearly be the biggest and the best. Right now there are simply more profitable places to play and at the end of the day this is what decides where I'l play.