View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: How much $ (UB 10-25 NL)

Normally I just read these posts, but don't respond since I only play NL400. However, I feel like I could learn something here...so to those who think he should push...

I don't understand what you think Diablo is representing and what you put villian on...

I feel like Diablo's line doesn't look that much like a bluff; it doesn't seem like Villan will put him on complete air. Thus, obviously for him to call he must have a hand that he thinks beats Diablo's. But what hand would Diablo play like this that Villian's probable pocket pair or A9 could beat (again I don't play this high, so this hand range could be way off)? So, if you think he should push wouldn't this be based on the frequency he pushes the river? That way Villian could try to assign him a hand range and convince himself to call. Since there's no reads though (or unknown opponents at least) then Villian won't be able to do this and thus, won't have much certainty at all that Diablo's line is a bluff. But if you push for metagame purposes, then I guess I understand...

Overall point, since I feel like I'm not being completely clear: It seems to me that Villian can only call here if he thinks Diablo is bluffing, so why do you think the river push best represents this?