View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: newbie questions plus simple hand

[ QUOTE ]
maybe this is too tight? Basically, I play any A2, A3, with no danglers (no 7, 8, or 9's). A2 with a dangler if it's suited, pocket aces double suited, but not too much else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joker - It's too tight for anyone who knows the game, but probably not too tight for a beginner if it's not so tight that you're bored.

However, if you multi-tabling, sounds like you're bored.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, here's a simple hand. Do I call on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Don't <font color="white">_</font>draw to a baby flush, but if you make a baby flush on the river, it's worth a call.

[ QUOTE ]
Bet and fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You'd only do that if you were bluffing with nothing. Here you have a baby flush, a possible winner. Opponents will occasionally raise you on the river as a bluff. I'd say check and call with this hand/board. If you check, many opponents will bet the river for you and then, unless your hand is strong enough to check-raise, you simply call. It's a way to get a bet out of an opponent you otherwise would not have gotten on the river, and it's safer than betting the river yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
I think this may be a bad fold since the flush was back-door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It's a bad fold even if the flush is not back-door.

mb1971111 possibly has a higher flush, but probably simply has some sort of low hand.

I disagree with Dave about going for a check raise on the flop. Your hand/flop simply isn't strong enough to risk giving a free card on the flop. Bet to try to knock out someone who otherwise might "draw out" on you.

Just my opinion.

Buzz