View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Inspired by another poster\'s religion....

On the 500 BB "rule" for 6 max games. My current roll is a tad under 400 BB for my limit (3/6 6 max). Sooner rather than later (after this month RR+Party's VIP bonus), I should be around 500 BB for 3/6 6 max, Which I am currently playing. Now, I should say this. I have a good full time non poker job which pays all my bills. I aim for 20 hrs/wk in play time. Once I hit 300 BB for 5/10 6 max, I am thinking about taking a shot at 5/10 6 max. However, I'm worried that if I take a shot and hit an immediate downslide, I'll not only have to move back to 3/6 6 max, but I will be under rolled for it (which I am now, but I can deal with that). My main goal right now is to move up limits as quickly as possible to build my BR. I take a fixed amount out each week, and I don't plan for that to change that amount regardless of BR, so as I move up and this amount becomes a smaller % of my winnings, my BR will build much faster. Another option I've been thinking about is waiting till 400 BB, taking a shot, and moving back down if I drop 100 BB right away. Given my situation, the desire/goal to increase my bankroll quickly, and my fixed weekly deduction, what is my best option and why?