View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: The \"Prophecies\" of Fatima

Yes, the books pointed out in your link are the books in question. It would be very difficult to find these in a Catholic bookstore, and definitely not in a "Christian" one ;-), so online is the best place to get them. These books were originally published in French and you can find all sorts of bibliographic information linking to other works too. Naturally, all the best works on Fatima were made in Europe. But these books are good ones for English readers. Volume 3 will be especially interesting to see the political wheeling and dealing in the Vatican.

To get the Vatican documents, I think you would have to consult the library of a major Catholic Seminary or University. I don't know where else to find them except at the Vatican itself.

As far as Salazar, Fatima would definitely have been a propaganda factor in the 1926 coup. But this is after the official inquiries by the Vatican in 1924. It would have looked very stupid to use it before then and then realize that the Vatican judges it as fake.

I am unaware of any evidence that would have made Fatima a major factor in the Pais coup in 1917. As I said, there were so many coups going on at that time, that probably no outside event could have a significant impact on the power struggles of the day.