Thread: Fold QQ PF Poll
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Thoughts

Let's look at this from a few different point of views.

CO's POV-

Let's see, we have an EP Limper, UTG+2 raises 5x - but he's been a little LAGGY. 1500 to me, my stack is 6000. I can't call for set value and any reraise make me PC'd. I might put UTG+2 on a range like 66+, AJ+, A9s+ - so my push range having 20BBs is probably 77/88+, AQ+.

Button's POV -

I think that UTG+2's range is 66+, AJ+, A9s+ and CO's range is 77/88+, AQ+. Since I'm going to be committing at least 2/3 of my stack to this pot and there are already 2 decent hands in front of me and an EP limper yet to act, I think my range needs to be at least TT+/AK.

My POV-

I have CO on 77+/AQ+ and I have button on TT+/AK. I think that if button had TT or JJ he would push to try to isolate against CO and discourage a call from me, but with AA/KK I think he would call to encourage me into the pot - so I discount him having TT/JJ and QQ because I have QQ.

If I fold I still have 10500 chips (around 32BBs) and maintain my table chip lead.

Of course if I push and win I'll have a top 5 stack and probably be able to cruise to a nice money finish.

If I push and lose I'll be down to 10BBs and be into push/fold mode.

Hmmm... WSID? (results to follow)