View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: (Live) 3/6 - Flopped flush, bad fold to turn cap?

At the game you describe, I think you have odds to call this down on a safe river card.

You very well could be boated but I have seen 2 players go to war with top pair becoming trips. You could also have a smaller flush out there, or you could be nutted by the Ace.

In a sane game with sensible players you are most likely beat, but in a wild 3/6 game all kinds of trash could be out there. One of the raisers could be Lagging it up with trash and with the pot so big you could have at least one caller going for ride with the bare A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Two things make me call this down even though I could be beat:

1) Pot is soo frickin huge (31BB plus river) and at this point it only costs you 2BB...15:1 for now. Implied odds could be as bad as 6BB for 39BB (worst case, assuming 2 opponents cap the river and no other players pad the pot)... 6.5:1. You only have to be good 7%-15% of the time to have odds to call this down.

2) Even Laggy live low-limit games sometimes go completely limp once the river card falls, so without a specific read, chances could be you will not have to pay 4BB on the river to get to the showdown.

Possibility of trips and a lower flush definitely create enough doubt for me to call this down. I'll make my huge laydowns in much smaller pots.