View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: 7CS homegame setup questions

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of the dealer anteing for the table in a tournament though. Also, I'm not a fan of antes going up every orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm not sure the guys would go for the dealer anteing for the table. We weren't planning on the ante going up every orbit, just the bets(maybe set a timer and do it that way). The ante would get raised later when a couple guys have gone out.

[ QUOTE ]
@the OP: What's the color breakdown of your chipset? Stud's a completely different animal from holdem, and a 50 chip stack isn't going to go very far in any reasonable structure.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I can remember(not my chips) the guy has 600 chips. 100 - red, green, black, white and 200 blue. We tried doing denominations and it was a total nightmare(you'd think by this point in life they'd be able to do simple math) so the guys don't even want to try it again.

I could bring my chips and it would give us enough to start with 100 chips per player but I know there is absolutely no way they'll play using denominations.

Also you have to remember they want to play 5 or 6 tourneys, each one lasting 45 minutes to an hour. They're freinds so I just play to have some fun, food and alcohol at these games. A couple just wanted to try something different so we're trying to work something out is all.