Thread: Dear Lee Jones
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Some answers to the requests

"If you want some anecdotal evidence to give your marketing people, I haven't played much at Stars lately because I want rakeback and have been playing at Full Tilt which has a similar rake structure to Stars for NL games at least. I've also been playing at UB as a secondary site, but I don't really like them and have been planning to look for another place. If you make this VIP thing work then FullTilt will be my secondary site and most of my play will be yours"

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I don't play Stars because I can get rakeback almost anywhere else. Lee - you say your rake less. That might be true for LOWER games (and notice how you have a lot of low games compared to mid limit games). But once you hit 5-10 and higher every pot is pretty much raked the max so the rake come out pretty much the same as Party (and other sites) except most of us get 25-35% rakeback at other sites. What about your SNG's you ask?? Well if i play 400 SNG's at 215 buy-in that's 6000 in rake to the house. 1500 of it comes back to me. You SNG's are 210+15 it's the same 15 dollar vig (ok it covers 10 extra dollars). You can argue it's a $1 discount on the buy-in but I'm getting $3.75 per back!!

FFP points you say worth 5-8% discount on rake do they really? Last week I looked at entering 10K points. 177 people for 3 seats. Comes out to about $165-170 value per player. BUT what about the time it takes to play it? Well if it's 3 hours to play it then it's not even worth it because there is just no value in it anymore.

All I'm saying if this program is any good you will be getting much more action on your mid limit games and higher buy-in SNG's. I think giving out packages for points is a great idea especially for ESPN events because then you'll have a lot of people wearing gear (much much more than now and it's a lot now which will give you even more marketing power). Huge prize pool for Atlantis is a plus too which it will be if you start offering it for FPP...

absolutely love your site but very rarely play there.
berya