View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Folding the nut flush with outs

[ QUOTE ]
So, you're saying he definitely has AA? That's the only hand he could have that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of you guys like to say stuff like this. First of all, he could definitely have TT. Every heard of a fastplay? There is only one player behind the tag so it's not like he really makes any extra by just calling. In fact, I'd venture that he is MORE likely to have TT than AA by a significant margin giving the flop call/turn raise. I think AA normally caps this flop. But that's not my point. My point is: yes, TT and AA are the only hands that beat him. But these are also the ONLY hands that the tag could hold given the action. Look at the board. Look at hero's hand. Look at the villain's numbers. Note one other hand that's even close to logical for him to play this way.

Sometimes it's simply possible to narrow somebody down to a very narrow range. Not through tunnel vision, through handreading. If you ignore this information just because "that's the only hand he could have that beats you" then you are costing yourself money plain and simple.