View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Air Force coach\'s racial comments

I have a bunch of questions. Okay, that's a lie. I have one question.

What group of people is offended by this?

I honestly don't know.

At first I thought it was anti-white...Oh, white people are slow and athletic. We can't win with white people. White people are inferior.

Then, I thought maybe black people would be offended. Ooohhhh, you think black people are gifted, they don't have to work hard at this. You think black people don't put in the time in the weight room and on the practice field.

I saw an interview by the author of the book "Taboo" which discusses this very topic (on Anderson Cooper 360...)...races are different, but why are we so afraid to talk about it? He mentioned that there is scientific evidence to support that muscle tissue and lung tissue in people from West Africa are more designed for football. White people excel in weightlifting. East African's excel in long distance running, endurance contests.

And if we watch the Olympics, this is tough to disagree with.

Obviously, as somebody stated, AFA doesn't need more black athletes, they need BETTER ATHLETES. Didn't the Notre Dame coach a few years ago make a similar statement?

But who's the best white tailback in the NFL? Who's the best white cornerback in the NFL?

I live in a fairly white part of Los Angeles. When I go to the local 24 hour fitness, most of the people in there are black.

I think that black people place a higher emphasis on physical fitness and athleticism.

And if I'm a headcoach looking for better athletes, I'm going to look for people who place an emphasis athleticism.

I've rambled a lot here. But I'm still confused.

Who was this coach's statement supposedly offensive to? I really don't know.