View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Playing poker for a living (my experience so far) HELP!

Hey subfallen,

Well, I played live poker casually at 40/80 at the commerce a few years ago. Going 2 or 3 times a month. Not very good, won some, lost some. Just never took it very seriously. If I went to vegas, I would play the table games, never the poker games.

But I tasted online poker the first time with pokerstars back in march. in a week I won $7k at 30/60. Then my company closed in April, and I decided to give full time poker a shot. Never did I imagine how tough it would be playing everyday.

Stupid me for taking shots at 100/200. I lost in sept playing that level, but the other levels still put me on the plus side. So i decided to give it another shot at the beginning of this month. Lost again. and it really turned my game upside down. I was still chasing that huge lost when I went back to 50/100, and that didn't work at all.

So the past two weeks, I've stayed only at the 30/60 and slowing digging myself out of the lost I created by playing at a level I was not financial or mentally prepared for.

Very stupid of me.