View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: An old live hand

Since the read was very general regarding the button, its hard to say whether or not you played the river properly. Lots of players will cold call with any ace, raise the flop when they make a pair of aces, and bet when checked to on the end...even some passive ones. I'd need specific information on how he plays the bigbet streets before I make this check/fold (my default is a bet/fold for obvious reasons). But that's not the street that I dislike the most.

I'd have bet/called 1 on the flop. Given that you checked, and its 2 back to you, I'd fold since:

1) Passive button raised
2) Brad (don't know him) is presumably a solid player who raised pf and then bet into 5 players including 3 coldcallers on an A-hi flop.
3) Not only Brad but a coldcaller as well are still to act and this thing could easily be 4-bets when it gets back to you.
4) you're oop for the rest of the hand (we don't know whether you have good relative position yet cuz we don't know what pfr will do).

Given that you did call, I don't hate the turn donk since the passive button is not likely to have 2pair+. However, anyone who says fold the turn to a raise is on crack so if you think there's a good chance Brad will pop it, I'd c/c.