View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Bottom boat against uber donk

[ QUOTE ]
Another hand he flops Q high flush. He checks flop and turn, then min checkraises the river when a fourth spade hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. I mean, good god, man... wow.

first off, i call and expect to see a straight. if not, well... whatever, you'll get it back.

correct me if my extrapolation of your analysis of his play is way off:

i would think the full is good. I would think that he, being a donk, would call most any bet from 0 to 2x pot with any hand that he'd call anything with. i'd guess, given his history, that he's not into raising with pot size or larger bets- he probably just clicks the 'raise' button and doesn't really understand the implications of different bet sizes. this allows you to control the action (to some degree) even if he's raising...

I'd bet maybe $40 and hope he raises another $40, which i would call. If i had bet the $25 and he had raised another $25, i would raise it $50 and expect to call another $50. because he seems to just raise whatever ammount he's calling, that $100 raise is asking for him to send it back to you and put you to an uncomfortable descision.

i never see players like this, not since i left the $50 tables, anyway. there were a lot of them, though- always raising the same ammount as the bet. i really think there is a whole class of donks out there that just click the raise button instead of thinking about their bet sizes.