View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Loved Ones Doubting you / hindering game

[ QUOTE ]
stop talking about "beats." IT'S YOUR FAULT. YOU CAN PLAY BETTER. only good can come at being critical of your own play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect your opinion, and anyones opinion if they atleast elaborate with some sort of reasoning for their feelings. In this instance, the way I have worded myself has created the perception of a few posters that my results must truly be poor, and that is a fair assessment given the way I had introduced myself.

However, I do have a problem with the above quote of yours, to say I am making a mistake, and not just getting unlucky in certain key hands is ridiculous. We both know there are times when you play a hand just as you should, get as much action possibly from your opponent, whom you have a strong read on, and he proceeds to hit a two-outer on you. There is absolutely nothing that can be done, I do not discourge my opponent from calling my bets when I'm a huge mathematical favorite, I know in the long run I want him to make his outrageous plays, I still get frustrated in the 'short term' when he sucks out, and no, it doesnt tilt my play, but it does bring me to vent with my words.

Furthermore, I was not referring to any single publication, I am just not concerned with many facets of the game that were introduced to players during their developmental stages. The fact is some people were born with innate talent, some people were born cognizant of it, and others began to open doors layer by layer, with help from those closer to the core, and some people were born with no innate talent and need to always rely on what is mathematically proven. I am not debating styles or philosophy with you, but to me my own opinion, intuition, and instincts are and always will be more profitable than mathematical fact.

Again sorry if I offended anyone.