Thread: FPS?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: FPS?

[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong with this hand. In position, checking the turn is great. Out of position I'd hate it. But you open so many doors to more action this way. This isn't FPS at all, it's more standard than anything.

I mean, what could he pay you off with on a turn bet? His range on the flop is quite wide and includes diamonds, mid pairs, AJ type hands, etc. Why not represent a missed AK or other scared hand and go from there? If he makes a flush or straight theres almost no chance of you not getting doubled through.

That was a lot of rambling to say yes, I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is to say if you don't put a similar bet out now like you did on the flop, he isn't going to call with a flush draw or straight draw? And if he does hit his draw after your turn bet, he is either going to bet out on the river, or is going to check raise all in, either which gets most or all of his chips into the pot, while still getting chips in now if he misses.

And if Villian has a jack, he might have tried to check raise this turn, and if you check and a flush card hits, he is not going to be very interested in sticking around any more.