View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Air Force coach\'s racial comments

[ QUOTE ]
It shouldn't be. It's the truth - people whose ancestors come from the Western part of Africa are in general quicker, faster, and more athletic. There's nothing wrong with making a true statement like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, then try this on for size:

people of Indian and Chinese are generally more intelligent than people from Western Africa. this is just natural intelligence, very similar to running and jumping. this means that people from Western Africa are less intelligent.

I hope you're ok with that.

My personal feeling is that there are inherent differences between all races - some are taller, some are shorter, some are faster, some are smarter. I'm ok with that. We're all different.

But you can only get in trouble by expressing some of these opinions, b/c of the PC police.

remember, whenever you say that one group of people is naturally good at something, you are infeerring that another group of people has natural disadvantages at the same task.

so, while it might be ok to say "those Chinese kids are sure good at math tests", it is certainly not ok to say "boy those (insert group here) kids aren't that good at math"...even though for the first to be true, the 2nd must also be true.