View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Battlefield installation error

Umm, interesting.

I am looking for a new room (to spread my risk, so to speak). I have accounts at Eurobet and Empire currently. I wanted to sign thru the affiliate I am using, for obvious reasons. I tried BetHoldem but didn't like their bonus cancellation if you withdraw any amount within 30 days of earnning the bonus (well that's what I read in the T&C, which I always tend to do - don't trust them guys much). So I tried Battlefield and downloaded their software. As soon as I started the install I got a warning about ActiveX going to be installed. That was enough for me to not install. I feel that it is a vulnerability I cannot live with, in the same way that I would not use IE for security reasons too. Back to square one. As soon as I can details from te affilate I use, I'll try Absolute. Any other ideas?

Maybe I am a real wuss when it comes to security, but there are many things I won't do on my computer. OTOH, with this security policy I have never had a problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .

My $0.02's worth.