View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Playing poker for a living (my experience so far) HELP!

Thought I give you all my experiences of playing poker every day at pp for that last 4 months.

Financially, the results have been great. Would have been greater if I did not give myself a dumb raise and jumped into the 100/200 game earlier in Oct. I had a great month in Sept with 30/60 and 50/100, so I decided to give the 100/200 a shot.

In a 48 hours, I got my face kicked in and lost $30k in that game. Stupid me. However I did manage to pick myself up, went back to the 30/60 game, and now only down -$10k for oct. I still have a few days left, so hopefully I'll be even or + a few thousand.

What have I learned these past four months? That it is incredibly hard playing poker every day. I don't know how anyone could do this for years. Its boring. The emotional highs and lows can be overwhelming at times. Not only when I lose, but when I win.

Now it's commons for me to have dreams about poker hands 4 to 5 nights a week. Its a blessing when I can sleep and not dream about poker.

I only like the money, not the game itself. The freedom to play whenver I want is nice. However, I think about playing all the time. And when I'm not playing, i'm reading about poker to better my game. But I hate playing the game, I just like winning!

How do you deal with all the negative aspects of playing full time? HELP!