View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: SB vs BB hand, flop hits my 23o

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you are posting this thread means he either had a set or bigger two pair, AJ and hit running 5's, or 45 and hit his straight. So which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kh7h and hit a heart. Not exactly a bad beat.

Here's what I was thinking. It might not be right, but then again that's why I asked the question.

It's unlikely he's making a stone cold bluff here, since he just recovered from being a short stack. His range is something like 22-AA, Jx, two hearts, 45.

The special hands are obviously JJ, J3, J2, 33, 22. It's unlikely he has one of these, but nothing in his range puts me as far ahead as these hands put him.

Anything else in his range has at least a decent chance of beating me, and there are some hands that have a very good chance of beating me (e.g. 4h5h or JhXh).

I turbo called, so I thought it was an easy call at the time. But when I started thinking about his range of hands, I started questioning whether I should be in such a hurry to get all my chips in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
If 'thinking' could get in the way of you making this call then don't start thinking and keep making decisions without thinking. This was a good decision whether it came from your brain or an erratic electrical charge that accidentally caused you to click 'call'. Against the range you described you're a 2-1 favorite or so.