Thread: veganism
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: veganism

My teacher is a true vegan. She is all about vegan, and she reminds us every day about veganism. I find it annoying. So I have taken it apon myself to argue veganism with her.

One of her reasons she claims for becoming vegan is that the american meat industry is so cruel to animals-Cows in particular. She says slaughter houses are very cruel to cows, and it is all about money.

She also gave me a list of vegans.

"I should also point out that some of the greatest minds in human history were vegetarian or vegan: Albert Schweitzer, Albert Einstein, Benjamin Spock, Caretta Scott King, Carl Lewis, Charles Darwin (fancy that), Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, Epicurus, George Bernard Shaw, H.G. Wells, Henry Hiemlich, Henry Ford, Henry David Thoreau, Howard Lyman, Isaac Bashevis Singer, Jean Jacques Rousseau, John Robbins, Leonardo da Vinci, Louisa May Alcott, Mohandas Ghandi, Plutarch, Pythagoras, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Scott Adams, Sir Isaac Newton, St. Frances of Assisi, Steve Jobs, Susan B. Anthony, Upton Sinclair, Vincent Van Gogh. There are more."