View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: pbdrunks on pstars is a clown

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, if Q5o ain't any 2, I don't know what is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But seriously, what's the cutoff then for taking this line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trash. Q high isn't trash; it has some potential and hero has no reason to expect he is dominated here.

[ QUOTE ]
ok, I'm probably the biggest donkey luckbox on this board but.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

With blinds at T16k the pushers range is HUGE but what does the hero actually think he's ahead of?

[/ QUOTE ]
Suited (and unsuited) connectors and one gappers all the way from JT on down, among others. It's close for a lot of other pushing hands-- even lots of the Ax and Kx hands-- and if the raise knocks the big blind out, hero suddenly has pretty nice odds-- better than 2 to 1, so he doesn't have to strictly "be ahead" to make this play work.

[ QUOTE ]
The only case I can see is that the hero has a stack to make the play and can knock out a player. When (lol) he loses the hand, he'll not've taken a big hit to his stack but I still don't see an isolation play being more correct than a fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is only putting about 10% of his stack at risk. How small does that percentage have to be to justify the play, in your mind?
If the BB woke up with a monster that would suck, but that's the risk you take-- that's rare enough to make the play worthwhile.
Creating-- and creatively finding-- favorable gambles is an underrated part of tournament strategy.