View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Personality Type and Poker?

[ QUOTE ]
Extroverts have little or no grasp of introversion. They assume that company, especially their own, is always welcome. They cannot imagine why someone would need to be alone; indeed, they often take umbrage at the suggestion. As often as I have tried to explain the matter to extroverts, I have never sensed that any of them really understood. They listen for a moment and then go back to barking and yipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting generalization and stereo typing; it shows a lack of understanding how the Meyers-Briggs test is meant to work. The test only shows your personality tendencies at this point in time.

All people have some tendencies of all personality types.

They just favor one side or the other at any given time. That's what I enjoy most about the test: you can swing from one personality type to another over time.

You may be a introvert today, but that may change to extrovert in a year and back to introvert a year after that. Same with thinking/feeling, intuitive/sensory, and perceiving/judging.

This test can help you know and understand yourself better by identifying who you are today, but does nothing more. Being currently identified as an INTP or INTJ does not gaurantee you poker success, only you can do that.

btw - I am an ENFJ, though that really does not mean much because my N & F scores were only 2 questions higher than my S & T scores; and although I grew up an introvert, I have shifted strongly to the extrovert side. Does being an ENFJ mean I suck at poker? No, but it might explain why I enjoy the social interaction of playing live more than I enjoy playing online.