View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Don\'t everyone gasp at once

Sklansky said it in his tournament book and it's obviously true. The "achilles heel" of NL Holdem as a tournament game is eventually the amateurs and donkeys figure out that pushing all-in and gambling with the top players is probably the best strategy if you are below-average (relative to the field) in terms of poker skill. I wouldn't want to take too many flops against the Lederers and Iveys and Flacks of the world either. If we must decide the world's championship of poker in a big-bet holdem game, pot limit would be better if we want to increase the likelihood of a highly skilled player winning. I'd personally prefer the main event to be a mixed game, but that's not gonna happen. It still sucks that they can't put one damn HORSE or SHOE tournament back into the series.

Oh, as a side note I've already decided I hate Steve "Donkeyman" Dannemann solely on the basis of him running to call his buddies the instant after he bluffed Howard. Blech! Phil Ivey doesn't call his "homies" every time he wins a hand. And why put the screaming smelly douchebag on hand after hand after hand. He isn't a name, he didn't go that deep, and giving him airtime just guarantees other douchebags will act like him.