Thread: Dear Lee Jones
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Some answers to the requests

[ QUOTE ]
Q1: Tournament information in the hand histories (HH) to improve information from Poker{Office,Tracker}

A1: We're in touch with the developers of both those products. Depending on how those negotiations go, we may be able to provide more information in the HHs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo hoo!

[ QUOTE ]
A6: We're working on a significant redesign of the lobby. I've just been reviewing the spec and it makes me very happy. I don't want to go into too many details because something may fall off (or get added) before we release it. Many of us within PokerStars have wanted a lobby redesign for a long while now. But the programming-meister has (understandably) concentrated on things like scaling up the software to handle the ever-growing load on the system. After all, a cool lobby does you no good if the system crashes frequently. He now feels that he's got some breathing room on that front and has sent around a spec for a new lobby. You're going to love it. Told you all that to tell you this: the ability to show only "registering" tournaments is on that spec.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo hoo!

[ QUOTE ]
A15: Short answer first: We don’t plan to offer rakeback. However, we do plan to introduce a VIP program (soon) which will give substantial awards to high volume players. For instance, how'd you like to trade your FPPs for a WSOP, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure or European Poker Tour package?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would freakin' love it. Any preliminary word on the qualifications for this VIP program?

And, quite frankly, if I knew my poker playing was going to pay for a trip to the Atlantis every year regardless of my winrate, well, it wouldn't be tough to convince the wife I should play more.

Actually, speaking along those lines, my wife also plays some on Stars and while it's miniscule at the moment she might play more once I can trust her not to suck. If it were possible to make a family VIP account so she could contribute to the trip to the Bahamas, it would be a beautiful thing.

If you want some anecdotal evidence to give your marketing people, I haven't played much at Stars lately because I want rakeback and have been playing at Full Tilt which has a similar rake structure to Stars for NL games at least. I've also been playing at UB as a secondary site, but I don't really like them and have been planning to look for another place. If you make this VIP thing work then FullTilt will be my secondary site and most of my play will be yours.