View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Hand vs. QTip. How terrible is the turn?

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet the flop here I'm raising every single time, and then betting every turn when checked to. I'm not sure if playing this hands against a TAG OOP is better than keeping UTG.

Betting this flop will turn out like this normally. QTip bets, I raise, UTG folds. QTip misses the turn(most of the time) it goes check/bet/call. River if he misses again, check/bet/fold.

Is this the result we want to get by betting? Is having you hand that transparent even that big of a drawback?(obviously is this situation yes) but most of the time he will miss and fold, or I'll miss my boat and still call(I just won't lay down trips for a single bet, regardless of my read, I'm just not that good)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you're back in the discussion dagger.

Let's all be serious for a minute. For those of you betting this flop, why? Are you really doing it because if you don't you think you're opponent will know exactly your hand? Or because you capped PF, and that's what you do is bet any flop.

I'm certainly getting raised here on this flop, and I'm not looking to pay to for what's probably a drawing hand here that could be in some serious trouble.