View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Weighing the Odds - Finish it?

After all the raving on 2p2 I was extremely disappointed also. To be fair even without the raving, if I had browsed the first 1/3 of the book at the store I never would've bought it. But once I hit somethng like pg 109 (or thereabouts) my opinion of the book started to change completely. I'm now glad I did buy it and forced myself to continue reading.

For some reason the first part of the book (IMO) is childish; but his writing style really starts to shine not until after the first 1/3 of the book; and agree with another poster that King made way too big a deal out of DIPO (and I reacted to the "core" of the book thinking what a stupid and inadquate tool DIPO is).

If he ever updates the book *I think* he should remove the focus he gives DIPO; maybe make it a footnote or something. As it is now it definitely biased me especially when the book stated following sections were based on the DIPO method (IMM meaning I needed to use this stupid DIPO thing to follow later examples).

So skip around or give it another 40-some pages; you may end up really liking his style/the rest of the book...

Mike