View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: $33 Poll: 8 Left; 15/30 Blinds

[ QUOTE ]
What is your general gameplan?

How many tables do you have running?

Are you able to get away from the hand if you need to?

Are you comfortable with playing short stacked here often if your "outplaying" fails?

So many factors go into play, and you seem to be only focused on 1. "What does my opponent have".

BTW... I am not trying to be an ass. I am animated today. Trying to make you think is all, and unlock all the possibilities. That is what you want after all isnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the questions, SS.

General gameplan: win money? Do you mean for the hand, or for the SNG?

Tables: 4 usually. For this spot, I don't think it matters, as I think this is a raise when you don't have a read.

Able to get away: Absolutely. If I raise and opponent calls/raises, it's usually check fold to the river unless a Q or K falls, at which point it depends on my opponents course of action.

I'm always comfortable to play short stacked, and in this case a raise to 200 will get a bluff away, so I'd still have 600+ chips (more than 10 BB until 50/100).

I have been focused on what my opponent has in this thread; I think mostly to compensate for people that are thinking about it *only* in terms of what hero holds. These other questions you raised are necessary, and I still think a raise is correct.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This hand is more about what the villian has than what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me why..

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the bet by the villian is so unnatural. I think recognizing spots like this is important, and not often discussed in the STT forum. I know that STTs are profitable when pushbotting, but they're even more profitable when you kind find spots to win pots regardless (you like that, scuba? no "ir" prefix...) of what your hand is.

>>ZIPPPY