Thread: pocket jacks
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: pocket jacks

[ QUOTE ]
First two streets look great.

I think we need to three-bet the turn here. We are open-ended, may very well have the best hand, and have even more outs against any two pair hand. Our equity here on average is going to be way over 25%, which is what we need if the pot remains four-handed.

If we three-bet and don't get capped, we're leading the river, obviously.

Even here, I think a river lead works nicely. Villain may very likely check here because the four-straight came on board. Since his hand is likely NOT to be a straight (unless he has precisely JT or the nuts QJ), you're not getting raised all that often from the player next to you. But you want to make it tough for him to fold. So you bet to capture his bet. If it gets raised behind you, there's not need to take it to three-bets, but betting helps to assure that at least one bet goes in, and avoids tough spots where checking causes the action to get bet and raised behind you and either others with weak hands get shut out before putting bets in or you have to decide how willing your are to put in two bets hoping for no better than a chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

equity,equity,equity... a concept with which I have not fully integrated with, on my playing of poker. My checking on the river may have been caused by my not three betting the turn which I had a feeling might have been an error. Therefore to make up for it I would brilliantly check raise villain on the river(without fully considering the likelyhood of villain not betting, with 4 to a open end straight on board) [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]