View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Did I Play This Right?

I am going to reply to this mostly to analyze the content of the play. The OP's preflop call was terrible. His hand probably isn't worth completing from the SB (although I will often complete with a hand like this) and certainly is not playable for a raise. Basically, I think Phil played this hand like a moron. Everyone knows he might have AA, but he will still often get played with by anyone with a J and often times someone with a J won't drive the betting. Phil cannot make a low, but gives anyone with 2 low cards other than an A a free chance to pick up a draw for half the pot on the flop (not to mention giving 2 free cards to a 1 out Royal Flush draw). I would always bet this flop unless I had a nut backdoor low to go along or there was no backdoor low possible. I guess the rest of the play by Phil was OK since he now has the deck totally crippled on the turn, and might get paid off by a straight or flush that makes on the end (remember with a double paired board, a FH or better is less likely than on a board with a single pair in Omaha). Quads vs a Royal is a must go broke situation in general, but here where the villian could easily have a boat or quad jacks, I think the guy with AA should go broke.