View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Re: NFC North Championship Game This Weekend

[ QUOTE ]
I will remind you that almost every fan thinks there fans are the craziest.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. If it helps you believe a little bit more, I hate Detroit. I don't like it one bit. The one thing Detroit has going for it is the fans of their sports. I haven't been to Ford Field, but I have been to the Silverdome (in its last year of existence) and it was among the biggest stadiums in the country and they filled it even when the Lions sucked. It's easy to love the Red Wings lately, but it's not a bandwagon thing they've got going on there - they really do love the Wings. Same with the Pistons and not quite the same level with the Tigers, but still pretty close. Their fans are for real.

The weirdest thing about Detroit is the way the residents there think it's the greatest place on Earth, when it's so clearly the biggest dump in the nation. It's the poorest big city in the United States, but the way Detroit residents would talk, you'd think it was [censored] Disneyland. Yeah, everybody says their hometown is the best, but they take it to a whole 'nother level - it's like they're brainwashed. This extends to their sports teams. People in Detroit are [censored] up.