View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: TD A-5 - standard, or weak sauce?

[ QUOTE ]
Going for overcalls with the near nuts is a pet peeve of mine. It's probably a better move than I give it credit for, but it does have some unintended consequences.

It gives out a ton of information to opponents that are paying attention. First off, they should realize you have a very good hand right now. On future hands, they should know that you DON'T have as good of a hand when you raise in this spot. So, I hate this play against even semi-okay opponents.

Oh, and I took my first shot at 10/20 with $600 I didn't need. I lost that and then took another shot when I had an extra $500 and didn't look back.

[/ QUOTE ]

RS: Thats why I posted this hand, my two opponents were obviously so week that I couldn't tell if I made an error in announcing the strength of my hand. But then again raising would have done the same after taking one card on the first draw.

Shot: Interesting... This is something I would never do at Hold'em, but at TD I'm willing to give it a go. Are you still playing 10/20? I haven't seen you, I've been watching that limit a lot recently.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]