View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Short question regarding downswings... (lc)

what's your pre-downswing winrate like? It was up once wasn't it?

I suggest you should switch down to the 100's for a week. Play some PLO and or limit 7 stud. Do something other than play poker for a day or two.

Today I lost my stack when my reraise with KK was smooth called behind by AA preflop twice. I lost again with KK calling a reraise from QQ that hit a set on the river. My KK found an Ace on the flop twice more and I folded to pressure, probably correctly. Then a maniac pushes all in with me yet to act, I called and was outdrawn by 72o (obviously he typed 'pwned' and 'HAHAHAHAHA') I was ready to steam. Then later I get KK again this time UTG, 4 callers then the button reraises to 25BB. My heart sinks, my nuts shrivel and I take the full time with my mouse hovering over the fold button cursing my luck. Then I get my head straight just in time to figure I'm ahead of a lot of his range here and call it. The board comes 8 high rags, Button bets 2/3 pot, I push, he calls and my hand is good. nailing his lousy TT for a 200BB stack.

I was down on KK for the day but not by too much and I had too fight my own sense that 'this was all a bad dream', and the feeling 'I couldn't win', just to play that last hand. Downswings have a huge effect on how we play even the short term ones.

Hell go play the 50's and kill it for a day. Winning is a state of mind [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]