View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 07:17 AM

Default Re: What to do, what to do...

1. There was an article on MSN talking about the only way to save for emergency's, and retirement is to only spend 60% of your monthly income at most.

2. "Fiance" and "Car went to hell" - Is she a passenger on this ride or is she part of the crew? I married a high maintenance "taker" the first time around. I am marrying a "giver" the next time around. (Found one already.) Personally if she can't afford to buy a new one / pay someone to fix it, then she needed to go pick up a chiltons and some tools and get dirty.

3. You will bust your bankroll if you keep gambling

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Harv. Live at about 75% of your means in poker and everything else. The only time you should borrow money is if it will cost you more not to. A decent finantual goal is to increase your net worth at a rate of 1% per month. Its easy and will make your life a much more pleasant one than the path you are currently traveling. I could easily afford to drive anything I choose but have never payed more than $400 for a vehicle in my life. I predict I never will.

[/ QUOTE ]

$400 for a car? Geesh tires cost more than that.

I have always bought CHEAP used cars (I have an 88 Mustang GT), and have always done all the work myself. $400 though??? Did you get the cars from Klepton?