View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 01:37 AM

Default My call from Party VIP

I e-mailed Party about six days ago, and to my surprise I got a call from Party VIP earlier this evening. The gentleman that I spoke with had a British accent, and he seemed to be very well educated and well spoken. This guy had an in-depth understanding of high volume play, multitabling and MGR.

I talked to him at length about my play at other sites, and told him that I was averaging about a 28% rebate on my MGR. I told him that I didn’t think they could come close to that, but I would certainly give Party a consideration if the offer was reasonable. He also knew that I opened up a new Party account a few days ago, and he seemed to be OK with that. We had no discussion on the current situation with affiliates and rakeback. He also had my history from my old account, so his offer was based on my play from almost two years ago. I was primarily multitabling 3/6 at that time. He offered me $800 for 20K raked hands in November. For comparative purposes, this would translate to about 17% RB at the 3/6 level. I told him that I didn’t have access to a calculator (I was on my cell phone), but that offer wasn’t even close to what I was getting on the other sites. He understood exactly what I was talking about, and he told me to keep in mind that he was not offering rakeback. I found that very interesting. He also said that the player rewards offer would be adjusted to conform to my future play.

Anyhow, I’m going to stick to UB, Absolute and the former skins through the end of October, and then I’ll re-evaluate Party after getting an update from my new affiliate.