View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Sox fans care about baseball, Cub fans don\'t Article

[ QUOTE ]

well, I grew up in the north burbs being a sox fan, so it annoys me just as much with all of these "fans" coming out of the woodwork. Comisky is a lot better now then it used to be. I went there two years ago and was impressed with the additions that were made.

I still have my stub somewhere for when I was at the opening of the ballpark when the tigers beat the living hell out of us, and have been going to games since I was 8(1988) and still love the old comisky to death

the fact is this, there are a lot of real cubs fans, but, I'd say that a very significant amount go to the games because its fashionable to go there. When I go to wrigley for a game I notice a lot of people not paying atteniton to the game and just getting drunk and goofing around.

I respect real cubs fans, but I have very little patience for many of the "fans" that try to claim that they're cubs fans

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see your point about the fashionable fans. Seeing girls at the games wearing pink Cubs hats with a beer in one hand and talking on their cell phone in the other hand is very annoying. Finding those same girls at Murphy's and Cubby Bear after the game though isn't so bad.