View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: How\'s Your Turn Play?

hand 1, I think check calling is best, at least in the very aggro 10/20 6max games I play in. no one folds a pair that they called the flop with often enough, and we're very liable to get raised. UTG+1 is not likely to have a K because he smooth called the flop when he is in a prime position to raise, but he could have a weak K because the pot is small - he doesn't necessarily need to raise here especially against other observant opponents. even if we know that, he has position and likely the best hand. I can't imagine the TAG peeling with many hands there that he's folding on the turn, so I'd rather he fear the checkraise and hook me up with the freebie.

hand 2 is an really easy check behind and river call. betting makes us the least when ahead, as he will probably fold any non diamond pair. also it loses us the most when behind, as even if our opponent calls us down with a bigger diamond, we lose 2 BB versus 1. if we were ahead on the turn, we will make back the 1BB we gained often enough on the river if he VB's with a smaller diamond, or bluffs. and again we save a bet versus a bigger diamond. no other way to play this one IMO.

hand 3 could be a fold, but I probably call it down like a fish. the limp and C/R of the A means a set or two pair with like A9s. also depending on how past hands have gone down, I'd consider checking the turn here

EDIT: "Paxosmotic: Why on earth did you post in white in the thread"