View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Taking nyquil every night

I mean take valerian root for a few days, and then back off for a few days. You'll get the hang of it according to your own individual biochemistry. A mild word of warning: take too much of it and you will feel groggy for an hour after you wake up. Not a big deal or a bad dangerous thing, just don't be one of those knuckleheads who always thinks more is better and pound the crap down your gullet. Some days it'll help more than others, that's all, so don't push it.

Melatonin is also a great one. I find this can work very well sometimes. As I recall, it can reset your biological clock, so you don't want to take it before a daytime nap, or at a time that isn't around your regular bedtime. Take it, then go to sleep soon after. Another side note: melatonin supposedly has a number of beneficial effects on the system, too. Can't say I remember what they are, though.

Both of these tend to wear out their effect a bit after a while, at least on me. Then I need some time off before they start kicking in at their full strength again.