View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Personality Type and Poker?

I wrote that essay. Later I posted a poll here on the 16 MBTI personality types. The over-represented types at 2+2 were INTP and INTJ by a wide margin.

The original post had quite a following. It seems it may have scrolled off the archives. (archiveserver.twoplustwo.com)

Anyone who may decide to try to locate it in the archives and post the link here, is appreciated. I believe the title was "Poker and Personality" and you can try searching "INTP" "INTJ" etc. These searches (in the Psych forum) may dredge it up from the archives. I posted that in 10/2004 and the archive server appears to go back only six months.

These essays and others are at http://www.pokerfyi.com/articles/4.aspx

FYI I did get quite a few interesting emails from some very well-known (champ) players who admitted to being introverted. Several were quite proud of that fact.

There is little doubt that introverts rule.

Atlantic Monthly published an excellent essay on introverts:

Caring for Your Introvert

[ QUOTE ]
Extroverts have little or no grasp of introversion. They assume that company, especially their own, is always welcome. They cannot imagine why someone would need to be alone; indeed, they often take umbrage at the suggestion. As often as I have tried to explain the matter to extroverts, I have never sensed that any of them really understood. They listen for a moment and then go back to barking and yipping.

[/ QUOTE ]