Thread: 20-40 nuts
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 02:43 AM

Default 20-40 nuts

20-40 hold em. 3.5 per flop. Raises about 65-70 preflop.
I have QJ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP and limp. Another MP, Button limp. SB completes and BB checks. BB is a very good player, tight/aggressive. SB is very weak, and will bet and raise with top or middle pair if he is the lead, no matter what. Button plays a variety of hands, calls too many post flop bets, and plays even worse when he's losing. He's losing.
Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB calls, I call, hoping to keep the other two behind me in. MP folds and Button raises. SB three bets. BB cold calls. I cap it. All call.
Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB calls. Now I think to myself whether or not a raise here is smart. I figure that with the flop action, no one will fold to my raise, but I'm concerned that the button will make it 120, and SB and BB might fold. I don't want to just call though, because of the action on the flop, but on the flop, no one was subject to a 40 call, except the BB.
A raise here seems like a no brainer, but I'd still like to know what others think.