View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 08:16 PM

Default KQ interesting hand

I felt this hand to be complicated when I played it, but I dont know why or what I did right/wrong.

Oppenant and I have a history. I know him to be a fairly tight player and I have also lagged it up when we play together. anyway... to the hand

3 handed. A few orbits have passed and oppenant has done nothing spectacular. Both of us have 450 behind. Oppenant raises to 14 on the button. I have KQo. I elect to call.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I didn't want to check-raise on this draw-heavy board and I didn't want to give free cards here so I lead for 25. Oppenant calls.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, he bets 50. I call.

This is the spot I want evaluated. I guess implicitly by check-calling, I wanted to play a bigger pot since I was fairly confident he would bet a lot of hands here (draws, 9T, two diamonds, AK, KJ, AJ, ) a decent percentage of the time given my laggy image and the board.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, he bets 90. I check-raise all in, he calls. I figure I have misrepresented my hand in such a way that it would cause enough confusion to get calls from a lot of hands.

Comments?

My own analysis on turn play: I like calling here ONLY if i know my oppenant will go crazy with a busted draw on the river. I also had some apprehension about having the best hand. If I bet here, I probably am not getting a river bluff from a busted draw since I've shown strength on 2/3 streets.

What would your line have been had a diamond hit on the river? If I check, he still bets close to the same amount of hands for value, except he won't bluff. Do I check call or bet out? I don't think he'd bluff a river given my check/call action on the turn if a third diamond hit.