Thread: preflop equity
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: preflop equity

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the idea of having to put 6 SB's into a pot to see if I can pick up a runner runner winning hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have to do anything! You are going to play poker. You're going to use your reads and information gained during the hand and make the best decision possible after the flop. This poll isn't about how you're going to deal with post-flop play - it's what to do PF. I'm not saying that you shouldn't take post-flop considerations into your PF action but, clearly the benefits of raising combined with your current equity edge make all of these hands an easy cap.

Also - I didn't explicity say this in my last post but - when I say that you're better off folding those hands if you're not comfortable playing them postflop - I'm talking about ALL 4 hands. The big mistake that you are making in this thread is that you are assigning a large difference in value between the four hands. There isn't. If you aren't comfortable playing poker then fold - otherwise cap, enjoy playing a big pot and do the best you can on each successive decision.