View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 06:35 PM

Default What to do, what to do...

Looking for advice for people who've been through this before. After my initial successes at 10/20, I celebrated and bought a new truck. Being 20 at the time, I had no bills or worries. Ran bad for a little bit, and then I moved on my own to finish up my school. Also put about 2 grand on a credit card with a very high max to pay for my first semester(bad move #1)

I have a really good APR on my card and I always make monthly payments. Now, fast forward to... now. After building my BR back up to a reasonable level, disaster struck again. Fiance's car completely went to hell, and ended up just buying her a new car. With the new semester started, I had to put another ~3k on my card, giving me about $6,000 I have to pay off.

I've re-bought in twice in the past 2 months. Ran $300 up to $2500 once and ended up losing it all after taking a shot at 30/60 to try and luckbox my way back even. Did the same thing with my next buyin, except topping out at $1600 this time.

This has been a real burden on me lately, and I've been getting pretty down about it. I've already moved to a full-time position in my real job so I can get my tuition reimbursed, but what should my poker plans be? And will this slow payment totally kill my credit score?

Any replies welcome and appreciated