View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Are SNG players good poker players ??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play SNG's mostly the 20's at X-party skins and turbo's at UB.

I have a decent ROI and I make about as much per hour as a skilled employee would at a regular job.
--
tjh

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.
I´m new to SNG tournaments so I have some questions that I think you can help me with:

1) Is it OK to start at the 5$ level, or should I start at 10$ or evan higher?

2)I read Aleo´s Guide for Party 10$ SNG:s. Is this a good guide to follow evan if I start at lower levels?

3)At what sites do I find the easiest (is that word spelled that way?) SNG:s to beat?

4)Since you mentioned it in the post: How much does a skilled employee make per hour in your country (USA?) and how many SNG:s do you have to play per week to make that kind of money?

All the best
// Miraculx - Sweden

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It's ok to start at the $5s, but (assuming you're playing on Party Poker) the rake is 20% instead of the general 10%. If you have enough money to start at the 10's, I would do so.

2. Following the advice in Aleo's guide is a great start, especially for the early stages of play. Keep reading posts on 2+2 about playing on the bubble to figure out that part of the game.

3. Party Poker

4. I can't answer for the OP, but I'm guessing he's making somewhere between $20-$40 / hr., depending on how many tables he's playing and what his ROI is. A solid player playing 8-10 tables at the 20's can make $40+/hr.