View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Small PP against more than one villain

So, if I count this right, there's $40.5 in the pot, you have $92.5 left in your stack and you have to call $12.0 more to see a flop. Is this right?

Or are the raises not inclusive of earlier bets? In which case the pot is $47.5 and you have $17.0 to call?

In either case, both villains have you covered and your action completes the preflop action. So, if pot odds are better than 8:1, then I think calling would be a high variance play, but justifiable if you want to take a shot at it.

If it's $12 to call and the pot is $40.5 and you will have $80.5 left after the flop, then I think it's ok to call (121:12 or ~10:1).

If it's $17 to call and the pot is $47.5 and you will have $75.5 left after the flop, then it is probably better to fold (123:17 or ~7:1).

In either case, I wouldn't expect to stack more than the original re-raiser if you hit your set. Its possible, but he's representing an overpair like KK or AA and your best chance is to spike a set and play it in such a way to make the KK or AA go broke.

In any case, folding would be OK too, especially if you have reason to believe that the big preflop raiser can lay down an overpair post flop.