View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Here\'s a fun one that I played like crap - 54s blind battle

Villain is a regular at 2/4 6m, pretty tight, fairly aggressive, but not good. Probably small winner in the game. This I remembered.

Villain also hates me, always thinks I'm FOS, and is itching to take shots at me because in our first hand played against each other, a few weeks ago, I raised AQ preflop bet a KJJ flush draw board and he called in position, I checked a blank turn and he checked behind, and then I check/called a pot sized bet on a K river to snap off a bluff from his missed flush draw. This, I forgot.

So basically, I thought he was a fairly tight, fairly aggressive regular who doesn't understand things like pot odds, implied odds, etc. and doesn't usually pick the best lines for his hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

TWP ($402)
BB ($405.05)
UTG ($351.83)
MP ($327.62)
Button ($173.61)

Preflop: TWP is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. TWP posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, TWP (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $11</font>, TWP calls $11.

Flop: ($30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
TWP checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TWP raises to $70</font>, BB calls $370.05 (All-In), TWP ...?

If I remembered that he always wanted to take shots at me, I wouldn't have check/raised the flop. I only did it because I remembered that he was pretty tight and thought he might lay down a small overpair. Anyways, do I call here? What's his hand range? And what line SHOULD I have taken if I remembered that he hated me?