View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 10:58 AM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)
Default Re: Week 7 FF Bitch/Brag

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brag: Started Ronnie Brown because I thought he was a decent matchup against KC

Bitch: Sat Portis to do it (no TD's in 6 weeks in a TD only league and hey, I couldn't sit LT!)

Up 2 TD's going into tonight. I am done, he has Warrick Dunn. Oh, please football God's, do not punish me for my stupidity!

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't bitch about that. You sat one of the best runners in the NFL playing against the worst run defense in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood that it was not good on my part. It is a TD only league (no points for yardage, etc.) and Portis had been shutout thus far this season. Brown had been getting about a TD a week and the matchup at home against the KC D looked solid. Tomlinson is my other RB and was an obvious play.

In retrospect, SF at home was a must play for Portis - even with 0 TD's YTD. I have had him for two years in a row now and he has had had 10 TD's combined rushing and receiving.

7 of them have come while sitting on my bench. Last year he got 2 for two consecutive weeks in week 14 and 15 but I was playing Julius and Kevin Jones.

Dunn stayed out of the end zone last night, so I was able to win a squeaker, but Portis will continue to test my sanity weekly.