View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: I suck at poker, but I\'m a winning player

I can see the value of playing the heads up games to work on that set of skills. You guys that are coming away with the sentiment, "i suck," are you guys posting lots of hands and making sure that your plays are +ev. I guess that's one way that I stopped feeling like that. From posting hands or reading similar hands and making sure that you made a positive +ev play.

There are lots of times when what feels like a spew might have just been a +ev situation that didn't come through for you. Alternatively there are times that you win and know or feel that the play you made was poor. Review these and learn to identify these situations better in your game that way you can be confident in your actions.

You should be able to come away from a game you won or lost and be able to identify your good plays and bad plays, and then cut down on the bad ones.

if you are having trouble identifying which ones are which re-read sshe, and hpfap and post lots of hands. As you guys know there are some quality players and teachers on here that can get you confident in the decisions you are making in your game.

Best of luck.