View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: I suck at poker, but I\'m a winning player

[ QUOTE ]
Just because these low-limit games feature poor players doesn't mean you can't develop good poker skills while playing in these games. Many of the posters playing at higher levels started in these lower levels. As far as your personal knowledge and skill... Buy Small Stakes Hold'em. It's the handbook for playing like an expert in these loose low stakes games.

After you buy it re-read it. Then once more then re-read once a month or so. Many of the concpets really won't stick until after you've re-read and played applying the concepts.

I don't really know what you look to gain from playing one on one heads up matches. In a heads up match the starting requirements for hands will be much lower and won't prepare you anymore for playing low-limit full ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have SSHE, and your suggestion to reread it is a good one(for all of us, I'm sure). As to why I think heads up play is a good thing to learn, I assume that if I stick with 6max tables and move above the $1/$2 level, I'll end up with tighter tables, where many of the hands will be heads up after the flop. Probably many situations where everyone folds to the blinds, and the blinds end up playing each other with almost any two cards, which is I believe what you do in heads up.